Steps to follow for an effective email campaign.
- Enable UTM codes for email from Google Analytics
- Understand and define the goal objectives
- Segment the audience with Country, States, Time zone, user’s behaviour, etc.
- Optimise the email for Desktop, Mobile and Tablet view.
- Monitor performance and analyse
- Send a follow-up email campaign after an interval
Tips for an effective email
- Make the Subject grabs the attention of the recipient
- Use 5-7 words (25-30 characters) in the Subject line.
- Use HTML format for an attractive email.
- Use Non-HTML format for slow connection users.
- Have 200-250 words in the body of the email.
- Have maximum 3 sentences in a paragraph.
- Make it highly relevant to the customer
- Align the email properly. Left alignment is most preferred.
- Highlight the important lines and hyperlink the CTA.
- Have sub-headings and one topic in a para
- Insert bullets and numberings to highlight and easy to read.
- Use images for B2C emails.
- Time zones (Country, State, City)
- Personalise the email and make it highly relevant to the recipient.
- Use Call-To-Action and define its purpose properly
- Use Company’s Logo in the Header for B2C
- Add Signature at the bottom with company name, Logo, Website, Social Media links and contact information.
- Mention why the recipient receiving the email.
- Give them an option to unsubscribe from the list.
Things not to follow in email marketing
Cold emails (Unsubscribed) – Strictly no for B2C. Can be considered if it is highly relevant to the business for B2B.
Message Dumping – Do not stuff in all messages in one para. Align it properly with one topic in a para.
Long Subject Line – Do not exceed more than 7 words in the subject line.
Spam words – Avoid using spamming words like Free, Offer, Buy now, Prize, Price, Discount, Flat-Off, call now, only $, money, profit, gain, won, winner, unlimited, etc. Few common spam words are here –